PRESERVING PALM SPRINGS HISTORY OF RESPONSIBLE VACATION RENTALS AND HOME-SHARING
Vacation Rental Owners & Neighbors of Palm Springs (VRON-PS) is dedicated to preserving Palm Springs rich history of vacation rentals and home-sharing through education, awareness, and the promotion of responsible vacation rental ownership and management.
Why Was VRON-PS created?
In the ongoing debate around short-term vacation rentals, one critical group was underrepresented in meetings, negotiations, and in the media: the vacation rental homeowners and supportive neighbors themselves. VRON-PS now gives a voice to those homeowners and residents.
VRON-PS guiding principle is that tourism and residency in Palm Springs can coexist through smart policies and best practices. Through research, open data, community involvement, collaboration, transparency and ethics, effective policies can be developed that create a win-win for neighbors, renters, businesses, property owners, and the community at large.
What We Do
- Educate and communicate on ordinance requirements and best practices
- Represent VR homeowners in meetings and negotiations with the City
- Manage media relations as it pertains to VRON-PS mission and objectives
- Facilitate factual reports and studies around VR data, impact and economics
- Build strategic partnerships in support of responsible VR ownership
- Provide funding for potential legal representation
Who Does VRON-PS Represent?
VRON-PS represents both VR homeowners (whether they self manage or contract others), supportive non-VR homeowners, citizens who live and work in Palm Springs, and visitors to Palm Springs that share a common vision of responsible tourism and compliant vacation rentals and home-sharing.
As an association of independents and individuals, we are unable to accept memberships from online rental booking companies (e.g. Airbnb, VRBO), rental management companies, associations, professional boards or trade groups.