The September 16th meeting will be an in-person Members only meeting again held at the Mizell Senior Center from 4:00-6:00 PM, 480 S Sunrise Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262. It is located at the corner of Sunrise and Ramon and there is parking available. We have scheduled it on Saturday @ 4pm to allow members to attend who are within reasonable driving distance outside of Palm Springs.
The August Members Meeting via conference call was highly successful and will be repeated again in the future.
This is a Members only meeting and names will be verified at the door, please RSVP at the bottom of this page to speed up the check-in process.
1. VRON updates
- Single-Family Residence Vacation Rental ban initiative update
- Who is behind this initiative
- Signature gathering
- Aligning the Palm Springs Tourism Associations
- Protect Our Neighborhoods (PON) Lawsuit against the city – status and hearing updates
- VRON's new Palm Springs law firm for ordinance advice/legal strategies and government affairs
2. Recap of August 30th Vacation Rental Compliance Department Monthly Meeting
- Property inspection Checklist - Start date: TBD by the Compliance Department
3. City ID in all vacation rental advertising: Start date: 9/1/17. Fine: $2,500/first or $5,000/second violation
4. Contract Summary entry process - Start date: 9/5/17. Fine: Not defined
5. Contract limits through 2017 clarification by city. Fine: Not define
6. Ordinances tweaks expected to be presented in September/October
- Some changes due to legal language issues, especially Homeshares
- Other possible items based on feedback from Monthly Meetings
7. Citation Summary by the City - Noise is #1
8. Noise Demonstration and Discussion
- What and where is this in the ordinance?
- No electronically amplified anything
- Handout of Palm Springs Municipal Code for Noise
- Digital Decibel Meter demonstration
9. Open, moderated questions and discussion about ordinance and operational issues
- Please avoid long stories and provide just enough background to raise a question or issue
- Please limit issues/questions to what is contained in the ordinance right now