Vacation Rental Owners and Neighbors of Palm Springs (VRON-PS)
PRESERVING PALM SPRINGS HISTORY OF RESPONSIBLE VACATION RENTALS AND HOME-SHARING
Vacation Rental Owners & Neighbors of Palm Springs (VRON-PS) is dedicated to preserving Palm Springs rich history of vacation rentals and home-sharing through education, awareness, and the promotion of responsible vacation rental ownership and management.
Why Was VRON-PS created?
In the ongoing debate around short-term vacation rentals, one critical group was underrepresented in meetings, negotiations, and in the media: the vacation rental homeowners and supportive neighbors themselves. VRON-PS now gives a voice to those homeowners and residents.
VRON-PS guiding principle is that tourism and residents in Palm Springs can co-exist through smart policies and best practices. Through research, open data, community involvement, collaboration, transparency and ethics, effective policies can be developed that create a win-win for neighbors, renters, businesses, property owners, and the community at large.
What We Do
- Educate and communicate on ordinance requirements and best practices
- Represent VR homeowners in meetings and negotiations with the City
- Manage media relations as it pertains to VRON-PS mission and objectives
- Facilitate factual reports and studies around VR data, impact and economics
- Build strategic partnerships in support of responsible VR ownership
- Provide funding for potential legal representation
Who Does VRON-PS Represent?
VRON-PS represents both VR homeowners (whether they self manage or contract others) vacation rental agencies, supportive non-VR homeowners, citizens who live and work in Palm Springs, and visitors to Palm Springs that share a common vision of responsible tourism and compliant vacation rentals and home-sharing.